When you’re on your journey to traveling the world, one of the most important things you can do is look at the words and quotes of those who have made that jump before you! This includes the travels made by some happy people who have seen and experienced the world in the most amazing way. If you’re looking for travel inspiration from some well traveled people of the world, these Top 17 Travel life Quotes from happy people who have traveled the world that will motivate you to do the same:
1.‘If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible.
Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go” – Anthony Bourdain
2. “Even if you’re 32 and need to sleep in a car to witness a beautiful waterfall at 6a all to yourself then do that!” – Travel in Her shoes (blogger)
3. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
4. “Racism is a thing. There’s nothing we can do to get around that. History has made it that way. I exist as a black person in this world and I’m not going to let that hinder me from going anywhere I want to go. Namely, everywhere.” -Jessica Nabongo
5. “I don’t really have a destination I wouldn’t go back to because even if I didn’t have the most amazing time for one reason or another, I believe every destination always deserves a second chance.” – The blonde abroad (blogger)
6. “Travel safe, travel far, travel wide, and travel often.” -Nomaticmatt (blogger)
7. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
8. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” – Mark Jenkins
9. “People don’t take trips… trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
10. “I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
11.“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
12. “A ship in harbor is safe — but that is not what ships are built for.” — John A. Shedd
13. “Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won’t come in.” — Alan Alda
14. “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively, unless you can choose a challenge instead of a competence.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “Traveling makes one modest — you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” — Gustave Flaubert
16. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” — Nelson Mandela
17. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” — Maya Angelou
With love from the pacific,
Get your Free Travel Guide here!
Katerina is the creator behind Pacificpetite. She’s works as a Cardiac Registered Nurse but also finds as much time as she can to see the world. She is passionate about travel, health and wellness and minimalist living.